Edition 1st Edition. First Published Imprint Routledge.
Recommended For You
Pages pages. Subjects Behavioral Sciences. Export Citation. Get Citation.
Prins, P. Will They Do it Again?. View abstract.
- Guide Will They Do it Again?: Risk Assessment and Management in Criminal Justice and Psychiatry.
- Protecting Emergency Responders: Community Views of Safety and Health Risks and Personal Protection Needs.
- 1st Edition!
- La Signora del mio inverno (Narrativa) (Italian Edition).
- Ionic Liquids in Biotransformations and Organocatalysis: Solvents and Beyond!
- Send article to Kindle.
- Will They Do it Again?: Risk Assessment and Management in Criminal Justice and Psychiatry?
For both formats the functionality available will depend on how you access the ebook via Bookshelf Online in your browser or via the Bookshelf app on your PC or mobile device. Stay on CRCPress.
Sale ends Nov. Home Will They Do it Again?
Preview this Book. Will They Do it Again?go here
Recidivism - Wikipedia
Add to Wish List. Close Preview. Toggle navigation Additional Book Information. Summary Focus in the media on the risks posed to ordinary people has become increasingly strong in recent years - particularly on those risks popularly perceived to be posed by the mentally ill.
Send article to Kindle
But how justified is this concern? How do we best manage so-called dangerous people? Herschel Prins considers the issue of public protection within a broad context of risk in society generally, examining the concerns arising in contemporary society from dealing with uncertainty.
It is argued that public fear over the danger posed by the mentally ill is at odds with the evidence, and that much of the concern is focused on a small number of high-profile cases. Prins goes on to examine such cases where management of the mentally ill has failed and sets out suggestions for improvements in practice.
Will They Do It Again? Request an e-inspection copy.